At a congregational meeting after morning worship on Sunday 18th March 2018, the following thirteen people, listed in alphabetical order, were elected to the Nominating Committee:
Let us pray for them in the weeks ahead as they seek the person who will be nominated as our next Minister.
This event, organised by the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and supported by a number of churches across the Central Belt will be taking place from June 15th to 17th in Falkirk Stadium.
Preparations are going on including Christian Life and Witness Courses, designed to encourage and help Christians share their faith with others and welcome new people into our church families after the event.
Please pray for these courses and for the Celebration itself. More information can be found at the Celebration website here. The timetable of courses can be found here along with a short video.
Due to the adverse weather and the cancellation of services on Sunday 4th March, the meeting to elect the Nominating Committee has been rearranged for Sunday 18th March after morning worship.
Full details are available using the link below or by visiting the vacancy section of the website.
Updated detail of election for NC
Sunday 4th March – WEATHER ALERT.
Due to uncertainty with the current extreme weather we are experiencing, and with an eye to keeping everyone safe at this time, we have taken the decision that both the morning and afternoon services planned for Sunday will be CANCELLED.
This also means that the meeting to elect the Nominating Committee will not take place on Sunday.
This meeting is being rearranged and will now take place on Sunday 18th March following the morning service at around 12.45 pm. On that Sunday we will be providing a sandwich lunch for everyone after the service and before the start of the meeting which will be chaired by our Interim Moderator, Rev Dr J Mary Henderson, as soon as she can reach Brightons after her own morning services at Laurieston and Redding & Westquarter.
We apologise for this change which has been necessitated by the extreme weather which is currently disrupting many events across the country.
An update regarding the election of the Nominating Committee for our vacancy has been added to the website vacancy pages.
A big thank you to all who bought into the quiz this year.
So far you have raised £164.10 to be shared equally between Strathcarron Hospice and Vis de Copil.
Congratulations to this year’s winner, Anne Miller of Falkirk. An M&S voucher is on its way.
The answers are available to download here: BPCQuizAnswers and are listed below:
- Home of sprouts? Brussels
- Explosive fowl? Bangkok
- Good air here Buenos Aires
- Almost a whole cranberry Canberra
- Wonderful, wonderful… Copenhagen
- Saul saw the Light on the way Damascus
- The girls are so pretty here Dublin
- Costs nothing to live here Freetown
- Mma Ramotswe’s capital Gabarone
- The Rock Gibraltar
- Our man is here Havana
- Go here to wail Jerusalem
- Home of a chicken dish? Kiev
- Lonnie Donnegan started here London
- A Real home? Madrid
- A brown envelope? Manila
- A Grand Prix Monaco
- I see a mountain here Montevideo
- A grape variety Muscat
- Alternative solo? Oslo
- NOT the home of the hat! Panama City
- Leave with nothing Quito
- A brat by another name Rabat
- A lady from here sat on a tiger Riga
- All roads lead to here Rome
- Bean there Lima
- Arrange a break Bucharest
- The Duke’s boot Wellington
- House of the rising sun? Tokyo
- Saw war Warsaw
- A new Eden? Adamstown
- Reflected in Edinburgh? Athens
- Well known baby brush brand Addis Ababa
- Am not a woman Amman
- Low lying land Basse-Terre
- The toilet? Oh thank you! Bogota
- Rhymes with maracas? Caracas
- A variety of pepper Cayenne
- Do you know the way here? San Jose
- Sainted Shakespearean baddie? Santiago
- Louse? You must be confused Seoul
- I lie on the sofa Sofia
- A knife of sorts Stanley
- Home of IKEA Stockholm
- Hostelry of some height Tallin
- The moustache knew Tashkent
- The Amstel runs through it Amsterdam
- Capital crocodile tax haven George Town
- A Homer Simpson response Doha
- Sounds quite like Χ+ Ρ? Cairo
We extend a warm invitation to join us for any or all of our Christmas Services:
Sunday 3rd December at 6.30 pm –
Sunday 17th December at 11.00 am –
Christmas Family Service led by our young church ||
Saturday 23rd December at 2.00 pm –
Praise Group Carol Concert ||
Sunday 24th December at 11.00 am –
Morning Worship ||
Sunday 24th December at 6.30 pm –
Family Watchnight Service ||
Sunday 24th December at 11.15 pm –
Watchnight Service ||
Monday 25th December at 10.30 am –
Short Christmas Day Service ||
To read the latest update on our Vacancy, go to the Vacancy pages using the menu at the top of this page.
Saturday, December 16 – 10.30 – 13.30
Please note change of time, due to unforeseen circumstances
Drop in anytime to play and learn about the Christmas Story. Loads of crafts, dressing up, songs, story forest, baby interactive play, lego challenge, tea and cake, bookstall and more. FREE event for under-8s and their grown-ups and big siblings; come as a family! Extra activities this year for older kids. No need to register but it would be helpful if you could indicate on our Facebook event if you are coming, to help with planning all the cakes!
This year’s Holiday Club theme is Space Academy!
Go to the Holiday Club page to find out how it went, and for the evaluation form.